Yohana Papa Onyango
of storytelling goes much longer than the dreads on my head. Yeah, quite a long time now. Depending on the subject, project or concept my office tends to go where the action is. As an independent media expert. I help in creating visual stories for companies, brands and artists. Am currently operating from Zurich, Switzerland - as travelling all-over Europe has become a basic norm for me to make things happen.
I shoot-to-edit meaning pre-production is of great value to me. I'm adaptable and swift while on set. Experience over the past years proves my biggest weakness as -not eating enough while at it.
You gonna have to remind me of that.
Where required depending on the scale of a particular project I network with fellow professionals
from respective fields eg. scoring, sound design and animation.
- Ologi | Independent videographer & photographer | 2014 - Today
- Matak Studios Fotografie & Film OG | Co-founder and full-time creative director | 2017-2019
- FH Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences | Intermedia, Bachelor of Arts | 2010-2014
+ detailed CV on LinkedIn
Knowledge & Skills
- Fluent Languages [ German, English, Swahili and Luo ]
- Videography [ conception, filming, editing, directing ]
- Photography [ lifestyle, documentary, portrait, product ]
- Art Direction [ artists, campaigns]
- E-learning [ video, workshops ]
// What clients and partners say...
Wolfgang Pendl | Executive Director | Founder Pzwei. Pressearbeit.
" The collaboration with Yohana was something I really valued. Using his creativity, empathy and professionalism , Yohana was able to narrate the stories of the care recipients and care workers in a very touching manner and as a result, he greatly enriched our campaign."
Markus Curin | Executive Director | Content Studio 2016 - 2018
" Within the scope of this unusual project, Mr. Onyango repeatedly convinced us with his professional work. Be it directing work, script adaptions, partly complex video production on-site, editing or post-production – his performance and service were excellent. "